Friday 20 January 2012

Getting Settled in Florida

Well, here we are, in Venice, Florida.  We left Digby in a freezing snow storm on January 4th.  When we arrived in Saint John, it was very cold, but no snow.  The drive to Bangor was clear.  We stayed the night at a gas station, and got up early and made our way to Pennsylvania, were we spent the night.  From there, we drove to South Carolina, and stayed at Chester State Park for two nights.  Then off to Florida were we camped for two nights at Anastasia State Park, St. Augustine.  We made our way to Venice to spend some time with Tony's folks.  The weather has been pretty good.  We had a couple of days that were a bit chilly.

Tony has been out a few times already with his dad golfing.  I have been voted the house chef.  It's ok, I don't really mind.  When I don't feel like cooking, I don't.

I forgot my fleece so I could spin some wool while sitting by the pool.  So, I checked out Ebay, and ordered some from Virginia.  It's very nice.  I have spun a skein already.  We are going to the local market tomorrow, and will finish waxing the rig.  That has been quite the job.
Chester State Park, South Carolina

Me, walking on the beach, Anastasia State Park

The waterfront, St. Augustine, the rig is parked on the street

Tony and I at the fortress in St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment