Tuesday 18 October 2011

First blog for Mag Pyes


Well, here I go.  Writing a blog about life in small town Digby, Nova Scotia.  We moved back to my home town in February 2011.  Our aspirations at the time were to finish our B&B project, Holdsworth House.  The home was built in 1783 by Empire Loyalist, James Addington Holdsworth.  We purchased the home in 1998, and have spent the last 12 years restoring it back to its former glory.  Then, in May, we were presented with an opportunity to lease a space and open our own little bakery shop and cafe--"Mag Pyes"


MY BEST FRIEND, ARALEE in front of Mag Pyes on opening day

It has been a good summer for us.  Other business owners commented that this year was exceptionally slow.  As I have nothing to base either businesses on, we were quite happy with what we have achieved this year, so far.

When I say "we", this includes my husband of 12 years, Tony Nadeau.  I could not have achieved my goals with out him by my side.  Don't get me wrong, there have been days when things did get a little intense.  It is a good thing that there is not a barber shop(Sweeny Todd's maybe)close by, then I could have been making the best meat pyes in all of Digby.

We had our largest group last night for an evening dinner.  The Digby Pines Ladies Golf Club held their season closing dinner at Mag Pyes.  All went well.  I believe the ladies enjoyed their meal.

In the summer, we were usually open from 8-6.  Now that things have slowed down for the season, we are offering international cuisine nights.  Our first country of food celebration was Greece.  It was well recieved, and our dining guest enjoyed the flavour of Greece.  Our next country of culinary celebration is Italy.  We will be offering a 4 course meal with two sitting each night, on the 28th and 29th of October.  If anyone reading this  would like to attend, please give Mag Pyes a call, 902-378-7937.  We are located at 9 Water Street, Digby, Nova Scotia.

1 comment: